Caillou isn’t sick. He does not have leukemia, cancer, or suffer from a genetic defect. He is simply bald since the day he was born.
Caillou was initially created as a baby of nine months. When it was time for him to get older, the addition of hair made him unrecognizable. So it was decided that Caillou would never have any hair, and he went on to become famous as a bald little boy. Caillou’s baldness may make him different, but we hope it helps children understand that being different isn’t just okay. It’s normal. Find out more in the FAQ:
- Why are Caillou’s parents so perfect?
- Where does the name Caillou come from?
- Why is Caillou grumpy so often?
- Why does Caillou live in such a traditional home?
- How do you explain Caillou’s success?